Scarlet Alert

A response to (rant against?) the insanity of the world.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Scarlet Has Risen

Scarlet's been sleeping the last couple of years. Too busy in her other life, too self-absorbed as is her nature.

But the increasing volume of the 2008 election season has reached her.

She's awake.

And she's mad as hell.

Frankly, I can't imagine Scarlett O'Hara giving a damn about U.S. politics and which candidate makes it to the White House. But that was the 1860s. And I'm not really Scarlett; I'm Scarlet, and scarlet with anger and frustration at the Bu%%sh*& going on between liberals and conservatives as this fight for the White House gets uglier and uglier and stupider and stupider.

So I'm re-invigorating the "Scarlet Alert" blog (and emailing a few of you to let you know I'm doing so) and reframing it away from "peak oil" to "peak insanity" (mine? or the politicians? I'll let you be the judge).

Not sure how often I'll post, but I need this space to rant. Please join me if you feel so inclined. In the meantime, I encourage you to read an EXCELLENT article, What Makes Americans Vote Republican that calls for Democrats to radically rethink their approach to campaigning.

Its warnings resonated with the original message from my niece that started The Scarlet Alert in the first place: namely, we need to learn what motivates people if we want to make ourselves heard such that they (in this case) support the Democratic agenda.

It's humbling, yet well written (especially for an academic author) and it makes its case.

Til my next rant,
Yours truly,
Scarlet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home