Scarlet Alert

A response to (rant against?) the insanity of the world.

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Let the purge begin

Scarlet has revived. She's focused internally this time. An argument about recycling oatmeal cans has started a purge storm in me, and I've just built a fire-- it's still cold out despite being weeks into spring. To my left is a box marked "Jillaine Journals". Haven't opened it yet, so don't know which years are in there. My plan is to skim them, capture what, if anything, I want from these collections of self-absorbed bullshit from my youth, then throw them into the fire. Even the family historian in me can't get upset about this (although I recall how appalled I was when I was still keeping journals to learn of anyone who would burn theirs). I have no descendants, and I seriously doubt that my nieces and nephews give a damn about what I wrote as a young (and then not-so-young) person. Would I want to have access to the journals of some distant ancestor? Probably. Most likely. But I can't stomach keeping all this crap around me. It weighs me down. I want to be free...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home